Job Description Summary
Chief Engineer is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team, the C&W engineering platform, and client expectations. The Chief Engineer will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies. Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties. The Chief Engineer may be required to perform limited hands on operational duties and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity.
* Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
* Interpersonal Skills
* Organization Skills
* Technical Proficiency
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
* 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience
* Vocational/Technical training certificate
* Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i. e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
* Universal Technician for CFC's depending on market licensure requirements
* Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by management
* Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems
* Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
* Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes and disciplinary actions.
* Participate and coordinate annual scheduling and execution of the C&W Safety Program as directed by Asset Services, Engineering Leadership, EH&S Administration, and so forth. Responsible for 100% Compliance at his/her site.
* Manage operational accounts for building, including variance reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets
* Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed by Management and/or Leadership.
* Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment; identify and resolve issues.
* Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
* Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
* Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer's recommendations and/or industry best practices.
* Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
* Coordinate development of and/or maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
* Formulate and conduct building-related systems and equipment training.
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel, and engineers.
* Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
* Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property management, and vendors
* Develop specifications and assist in solicitation, administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair service contracts.
* May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts
* Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
* Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies.
* Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations.
Duties are inclusive of approximately 50% operating engineer responsibilities;
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may require shift work and/or on-call or stand-by duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 30-40% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.