We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Process Engineer to be part of the Process Technology team and will be based in Monaca, PA to support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage production and process optimization, troubleshooting, data analysis, and technical support to the operations organization.
- Develop equipment and process standards, operating procedures, diagrams, training materials, and job aids as required to properly document, teach, and manage site operations.
- Troubleshoot process control problems. Identify causes and make recommendations for improvements and/or implement improvements
- Implement and sustain Honeywell DCS applications, performing detailed engineering activities, collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Provide leadership on project teams, which will include assisting with developing project approval packages, participate in approval review meetings, developing packages for contractors/vendors and perform contractor selection
- Provide continuous improvement and ensuring alignment with other engineering disciplines. Evaluate new developments in advanced process control technology.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- BS in Chemical Engineering or other engineering discipline
- 2+ years' engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience identifying and implementing process modifications to improve efficiency/reliability
- Previous experience in facilitation and coordination of root cause failure analysis
- Experience programming in DCS and/or PLC platforms (e.g. Honeywell, Delta V, ABB)
- Experience identifying and developing cost/benefit analysis for potential new projects
- Background in dispersion manufacturing
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or similar data driven process improvement methodologies
Primary Location: US-PA-Monaca
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America