All Lines Technology is seeking a Senior Network Engineer. You will be required to plan, develop, design, configure, maintain and optimize network equipment, systems and facilities while ensuring the stability of the systems and services; all the while ensuing minimal downtime. You will also analyze and resolve network problems in a timely and accurate manner. You will also complete tasks assigned by the Network Architect for completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with co-workers, vendors, the general public and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints, and provide assistance.
- Drafts bid specifications and requests for proposal and evaluates vendor responses to establish contracts.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Plans, designs, engineers and constructs network systems
- Analyzes network problems and needs (e.g. interference, intelligibility, latency, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communication between systems.
- Determines appropriate configurations of network hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of network equipment.
- Researches, gathers and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify and maintain assigned network systems.
- Attends meetings, conferences, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, and evaluates new products and services from vendors to determine applicability to hardware, software, and network systems in use.
- Remains current on job-specific and department topics to apply appropriate policies and technologies to assigned systems.
- Drafts project proposals to define goals, identify the scope, background and need, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services.
- Develops long and short-term plans for updating equipment, adding capabilities, enhancing existing systems and providing improved network company wide.
- Designs and implements network systems to interconnect equipment from different manufacturers, service providers and/or vendors.
- Develops, submits and administers unit and project budgets, including internal and external client needs to affect completion of scheduled projects and goals.
- Conducts engineering studies to determine performance levels and project needs of system hardware/software.
- Creates manuals for use by system users to provide information needed to operate assigned network equipment and systems.
- Coordinates and inspects the work of associates, vendors, service providers, contractors, subcontractors and others to ensure safety and compliance with recognized standards and specifications.
- Drafts, submits for approval, and implements technical practices, section policies and standards to establish proper methods and practices of completing responsibilities in the telecommunication sections.
- Monitors assigned network systems to assess need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and/or new systems.
- Coordinates frequency usages and site impact specifications to assure continued availability to meet location needs.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Ethical Conduct.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
- Prior experience as Network Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree
- High school diploma
TCP/IP standards, Cisco configuration, Layer 3 routing expertise, VPN configuration, Firewall expertise (Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto), F5 Load balancing, MPLS standards, Carrier level troubleshooting (Verizon, CenturyLink, L3), BGP protocols, OSPF protocols, EIGRP Protocols, Network Monitoring(Solarwinds), Wireless networks, Understanding of VOIP phone system.